Sunday 27 March 2011

Adventure #1



One saturday morning I woke up and decided to walk to a guitar shop, a few miles up the coast. So I packed a lunch and started hiking.


There was some amazing scenery along the way. The sign above reads: "Beware of Edge". Oh really?





Eventually I reached the guitar shop after a nice swim, but they didn't sell what I was looking for. Since I was already 1/3 of the way into Sydney, I figured I'd just walk the rest of the way. I had no clue where I was going, but I'm from Northern Michigan, so that means that I have a sense of direction. I just started walking and eventually spotted this 'space needle' and used it as my 'north star'. 


Just when I was started wondering if this was a bad plan, since I only packed two PB&Js, the harbor bridge popped out of the trees.




 After a little nap between the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, I headed into the Central Business District to have a look around.

The PB&J's weren't cutting it, so I treated myself to some good ole' Dominos. Perhaps since Australian's drop some R's, 'Bern' is pronounced 'Ben'? Then how do you pronounce 'Ben'?

2 comments:

  1. Did you nap in the Botanical Gardens? Did you see all the huge bats, or flying foxes as they call them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just under a palm tree. I need to make a trip up there that doesn't involve a 10 mile hike, so that I can see some things like the gardens. Those bats are everywhere! I've been calling them 'flyin-coons', but I think flying foxes is more appropriate. One fell out of a tree (or else just died) outside of my apartment; I didn't realize how huge they were.

    ReplyDelete