Saturday 23 April 2011

Motorbikes!

Mid-semester Break began this week and I was determined to get on a motorcycle. I rented one for the weekend and my friend Nicolas took me on a ride through some national parks near Sydney. Before we could head out of town, we had to pick-up another friend. We were weaving in an out of traffic and I was pretty nervous. Normally I wouldn't be, but since I was on a rental, in downtown Sydney, and EVERYONE was driving on the wrong side of the road, it was quite the adventure haha. It was just the adrenaline rush I needed haha.
     

We made it to the park and it was beautiful. We cruised through the forest for a while, then eventually hit the coast. Smelling the water while cruising through the woods on a bike made me miss home a ton, but it was still an amazing ride. I wish I could have stopped to take photos every few miles, the area was so gorgeous.



We stopped at this look-out for a stretch. Check out the bridge in this photo, we rode over it shortly after. It was very cool, I'd never ridden a bike over a big bridge, and definitely not over a curvy one.

















Here's a link to a video that Nicolas took during the ride:


http://youtu.be/lQGRracGczU


I'm not sure how we all managed to look so goofy in this photo...


1 comment: